Covid 19 safe practice and risk assessment guidelines for Caversham Older Adults Fitclub`s indoor, outdoor and online sessions AND general safe practice
COAF recognises and will abide by government guidelines as follows:
- A maximum of 29 participants for outdoor sessions (but COAF will have a maximum of 12).
- The number of people accepted for indoor sessions will be guided by the size of the room. Each participant must have at least 2 square metres to exercise in.
- To apply vigorous hygiene measures
Covid specific safe practice for centre-based and outdoor participants :
- Do not attend sessions if you have any of the 3 main Covid 19 symptoms:
A new cough to
Change in or loss of smell /taste.
All participants are politely asked to:
- Use their own bathroom before leaving home and then wash their hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
- Bring drinking water, a hand towel and a set of dumbbells (or two cans) to their session.
- Maintain 2 metres apart from fellow exercisers and other members of the public, on arrival, during and when leaving the session
- Wear a mask when entering the building, but this can be removed once in the hall.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided on arrival and again on exit.
- Be prepared to have their temperature taken and provide their name and telephone number for track and trace at The Weller Centre. If you have the new track and trace app on your phone then please check in. There is a bar code outside the entrance of the Weller Centre and two in the hall.
- Make your way to a designated spot where you can put your belongings. This might be a cone at an outdoor class or a chair at a centre-based class. PLEASE TO NOT MOVE THE CHAIR.
- Gather your belongings and leave promptly once the class has finished
- Where possible payment will be taken by BACS transfer or Standing order but if that is not possible then cheques or cash can be put in an envelope with the amount and the customer’s name clearly marked and left in the tin provided.
- Centre-based classes will have as many doors and windows open as possible to encourage air circulation. There will be a 15 minute gap between classes to allow time for sanitization of anything that has been touched eg chairs.
- If music is used it will be kept at a low volume to ensure the instructor does not have to shout.
- High touch surfaces will be avoided or thoroughly disinfected before and after the session.
- Suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 or other COVID-19 related reasons should be medically assessed prior to return. No participant will return to the class for at least 10 days from the onset of symptoms and they must be at least 7 days with no symptoms. They will not be allowed back to the venue for at least 14 days from the onset of symptoms.
Any participant who may become symptomatic whilst at the class should leave the venue immediately without touching anything and without coming into close contact with anyone. If they are clinically unstable, they will be isolated in a separate room and medical assistance called for. Venue to be notified to ensure the isolation room to be cleaned after use.
General safe practice
Clothing should be comfortable, and either stretchy or loose fitting. Two or three thin layers are recommended according to the season/temperature.
Please wear trainers or shoes that are flat, enclosed and have a sole that grips.
A health questionnaire must be filled in before attending and will be kept securely according to the data privacy act.
The 60+ centre-based classes, online classes and outdoor classes will have a 10 minute warm and 10 minute cool down and will conform to YMCA `older adults` recommendations. Individuals with heart conditions can be accepted on to these classes but will need to be assessed by the instructor to decide if they are safe to do so or not
At centre -based classes, belongings such as bags and coats must be kept under or on the chair making sure no trip hazards are created.
Numbers in class-based session will depend on the shape and size of the room. This will be at least 2 square metres for the duration of the Covid 19 pandemic.
Outdoor sessions will be on flat surfaces and will always have shade from trees available in case of hot weather. Please bring a waterproof in case of rain.
Outdoor sessions will be brought forward, postponed or cancelled should the temperature reach 28 degrees centigrade or more.
Online sessions will require participants to have a set of weights (or cans), water and a telephone at hand. Please make sure you have enough space to move around and that it is clear of trip hazards (including cats and dogs). Anyone who is home alone is urged to let a family member or friend know when they are exercising.